Weird spot on foot

Glad to hear! A bear! :eek:

Yes, the chicken coop was just a play house that my husband decided to use... My duck coop is bear proof!!! We have had them for 7 years and bears have tried and tried to get in and never can... He made the chicken coop and 2 nights later the bear got 3 chickens... so sad. It has since been fixed by me and is now bear proof!!

The black bears here haven’t ever tried to break into our coops but they sure wrecked havoc on out welded wire fencing we ended up having to put up no climb horse fencing so the couldn’t get their big feet in it!

The black bears here haven’t ever tried to break into our coops but they sure wrecked havoc on out welded wire fencing we ended up having to put up no climb horse fencing so the couldn’t get their big feet in it!
You are lucky! We had one on the roof of the duck pen trying to get in! They are insane here!! We actually have permission from fish & game to slug them... the ones that are here are red tagged... those are the most dangerous. I could never do that though... good god. We have bear spray and air horns... but we have at least 6 that come through on a monthly basis. They are here all the time.

What part of the country are you in? My dh had to build a heavy wooden trash can box because they would come in the back yard an get into the trash cans. and no telling how many bird feeders they carried off before I started bring them inside at night. We even had some that would carry off bags of mulch up the mountain we followed the trail. Our coops are right here by the house and I think our 4 dogs barking when they hear the slightest noise has helped too.

We have 4. And I think the dog stepped on his foot - the spot is totally gone today. Must have been a bruise. And yes, we will be able to keep him safe... our others are 7 and have never had an issue.

We have two house ducks and, unfortunately, we experienced spots that looked very similar to that on both of their feet. Well, one spot on one foot of each girl. Anyway, both times the spots were blood blisters from something/someone stepping on their feet. I'm not sure I would have guessed what they were if I hadn't been there when the stepping on happened. I'm pretty sure I freaked out more than the girls did. "NO!! YOU STEPPED ON MY BABY'S FOOT!!" :hit Each time the stepped on baby seemed more upset about me freaking out than they were about getting stepped on.

Our girls have a habit of sneaking up next to you and getting under foot. I don't know how they sneak up on us sometimes because most of the time you can hear them coming from across the house. We've all learned to be extremely careful to watch where we walk. Our dogs are even super careful when they jump off the couch (the only safe place to hide from the ducks). Luckily the spots didn't seem to bother the girls very much. I probably would have complained for days if I had a blood blister like that. :)

Back
Top Bottom