Weird thing today...

princessmama

Songster
10 Years
Apr 2, 2009
Was walking by the brooder and saw one of the little chicks (a silver spangled hamburg) lying on it's side, eyes closed. It just didn't look right to me. I reached in and touched her and she startled and peeped. Dh said, "Oh, they were trying to sleep." It didn't look like the normal sleep posture to me. I picked her up and found a long hair tangled all around her little feet hobbling her legs together! Poor baby
hmm.png
At least it was an easy fix and now she's running around just fine. The brooder is in a well-traversed area of the house and we look in often, so I don't think she was like that for long.

Poor thing! We have had ours for a week now and are still constantly checking on them. The first time Io saw them sleep sprawled out on their stomach I thought something was wrong too!!!

luckily it wasnt anything serious, and you trusted your mother hen instincts! Our girls have been outside for a week now, and everynight after they go in their coop, I have to check on them like 3 times before I go to bed. a couple of times I have gone outside and one will be laying on the gorund on her side, with her wings spread out, and i run out there to make sure she is oka...they always are, but it just freaks me out! Keep being watchful, they are so helpless
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom