weird, weird, werid, weirdest day today!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tad, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Tad

Tad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    South TX on the border
    had not sold a chick in a month!!!
    had even listed some local on craigs list at a dollar each just to cover some broiler feed....no luck, nada, zilch, couldnt give them away, then today like a bolt from the blue, sold 55 and got a standing order for 120 as soon as I can hatch them, warming up the 1202 right now:).....Thanks be to God, he works in some awful funny ways, I will catch the stinkeye when the wife gets home,walks thru the office and hears the bator hummin!![​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    [​IMG] I just got a mysterious check in the mail from insurance for some sort of rebate...but MUCH NEEDED, so looks like the Lord is busy providing today [​IMG]
    congrats to ya That's AWESOME!

3. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

That's awesome! Congratulations to both of you!

4. CheerfulHeart2

CheerfulHeart2 Creative Problem Solver

Apr 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hurray for good news and heavenly answers!

5. daps2000

daps2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Lets see if we can go for 3 (everything happens in 3's) I need water!!! This walking water to the coop every day in the freezing weather is the pits!!!
    I'll be looking close in the mail and waiting for the phone to ring!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:Oh I have been doing that too, But I have some empty milk gallons I have been filling twice a day with super hot water to help bring the temps up in the coop as well. I pour a bit into the water bowls I have out there to thaw things too. When all is said and done, I've made 3 trips out in the morning and 1 in the afternoon! LOL

Tad, Congrats! I'm glad you've had sales.... If this hatch finally goes well we're talking about our first round of breeding chicks this year. [​IMG]

7. kartking22

kartking22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Congrats on your orders. I gotta wait til spring for mine.
    About your water problem..... I use a heated base and a 5-gallon metal waterer. The heated bases are found at most pet supply and feed stores. They don't heat unless the temps are below 34 degrees which saves on your electric bill and keeps your water from freezing as well. Average price is around 35$. Sure saves me alot of trips and chipping ice out of the waterers.

8. Tad

Tad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    South TX on the border
    Thank you ALL, and I am also grateful, I dont live where freezing is a regular occurance!!!!

9. kennedyscochins

kennedyscochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty
    Quote:You can also make them yourself out of cookie tins! There is a thread on here. Just search cookie tin water heater and you should find it. It literally takes about 10 minutes and could be free if you have the stuff on hand! Even if you don't, you can still build it extremely cheap compared to buying the heated ones.

10. clkingtx

clkingtx Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2009
    This isn't exactly chicken related, but certainly related to this thread. We had a very cool experience with the perfect provision of the Lord today, too! We were going to be over 1000 short this check, and still have a couple of short checks to go. I had been putting off doing the bills because we had no money to pay them. We have been praying about it, knowing He always provides, and He did!

We got to skip a pmt on one vehicle, defer two payments on the other, and the house pmt is not late until the 16th. Since our refinance should be done by then, we won't have a payment for up to 45 days!

And those three bills totaled together? Just about the 1000 we needed to make our budget work! God truly provides all of the needs of His children!

Carrie

I really like hearing about these things happening to others, funny that so many prayers were answered today!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by