weird...

okay here she is

38781_dscf0583.jpg

38781_dscf0541.jpg

38781_dscf0540.jpg

you cant really see the yellow on the pics,
i dont know if she really is a serama, her legs are tiny...

she has had the earlobes like that since i got her, she doesnt seem to be in any pain or anything like that, and she squatted for the roo the other day so we will find in a few weks what color the eggs are,
any ideas on the breed????

Sometimes white earlobes discolour into yellow; also, yellow skin plus blue earlobes could give greenish coloured lobes.

I don't think an ear infection would discolour the lobes. It would be more likely for there to be swelling or discharge from the ear opening itself.

There is some connection based upon different breeds' geographic origin and egg and earlobe colouring, but there is no genetic link, and a number of examples where it doesn't hold true.

Thats pretty natural actually, she will probably lay white eggs. When they are young like that they tend to not be a pure color yet, but many white lobed birds as pointed out (leghorns) tend to have a yellowish tint to them, feeding them corn could do that as well.

My Dutch bantams ear lobes are a blue ish color before they get old enough to lay, and turn white as they get older. They lay off white eggs.

Quote:
of course
smile.png

her comb is getting redder and redder and today she was investigating the nest boxes and shifting the hay around, she even sat down in the nest and started doing the Wuk, wuk, wuk sounds,
i thought she was going to lay!(i wish)
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom