Welcome, autumn! (Or spring, for our Australian friends)

The Chicken Lady

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Apr 21, 2008
West Michigan
My meteorologist hero, Bill Steffen, posted the following on his blog:

Up to 11″ has fallen southwest of Conifer with 9″ near Evergreen. This is from Monday, so for the first part of this storm, it’s still summer. A Winter Storm Watch has been issued for the foothills west of Denver for 6-12″ of new snow for the 2nd part of the storm. The forecast for the city of Denver is for possibly an inch to fall Tues. Night. The average date for the first significant snow in Denver is Oct. 19. The high temperature at the Denver Airport was 22° colder than average on Monday. The snow may have contributed to a tanker crash on Berthoud Pass, where 4,000 gallons of fuel spilled. Snow flurries fell in Cheyenne, Wyoming where temperatures didn’t get out of the mid 40s on Monday. The average high temperature for Cheyenne is still 68°. A strong cold front is forecast to bring snow to much of northern Alaska. At 6 AM Alaska time, Anaktuvuk was reporting a temperature of 21° and a wind chill of 8 above zero. Deadhorse was 30 with a northeast wind of 28 mph gusting to 39 mph. Here’s a live picture from Barrow. There’s been early snows in the Canadian Rockies and…it’s the start of spring, but they’re still skiing in Australia.

Yup, it may be autumn here in the U.S. and Canada (and other places in the Northern Hemisphere), but already there is plenty of snow falling south of the Arctic Circle.

wee.gif

Ah, Autumn! My favorite time of year- when my birthday and Halloween occur.

Note that I say autumn, not fall... just a peculiarity of mine. I think it sounds more classy. I also spell the following words "classily": theatre, grey...
If there's an alternate spelling, I probably use it.
wink.png

I love autumn too! There are so many fun activities and I can never seem to manage to fit them all in.
smile.png

Quote:
Good for you! As far as I'm concerned, the ways you mentioned are the only proper ways to spell those words.

. . . and Autumn is my favorite time of year, too - when my birthday and Halloween occur. Are you sure you aren't secretly me?

Back
Top Bottom