Welcome to Chicklandia

Well the time has come to face facts and find Oliver a new home. He's an awesome cockerel, now 13 weeks, but I like my neighbors. I can't ask them to tolerate a rooster. I've posted in the free rehoming and Connecticut threads. If you know someone who is interested, let me know!

View attachment 2416078
Aww...Oliver is a handsome guy! 💖 I am so sorry you have to rehome him.

Light show!!
holiday lights on run.jpg

Meet Poppy, the newest member of the Chicklandia flock!

Poppy.jpg

Poppy is a 14 week old Favaucana (Faverolle/Ameraucana hybrid) who should lay blue or green eggs. She replaces Oliver the surprise cockerel. Introducing her to her new flock slowly.

UPDATE: Poppy may be an Icelandic!

Last edited:
An unexpected mild and sunny day in Chicklandia today! So I got a few updated photos. With Rhaega as the measure, it's clear the others are getting big. Rhaega reigns supreme, with Cricket as her #2. Followed by Gigi, Fleur, then Poppy. Poppy is well integrated into the flock, thank goodness.

four hens.jpg

Cricket, Fleur, Gigi, Rhaega

fleur and cricket.jpg

Fleur with her speckled beard, and Cricket

poppy rolls.jpg

Poppy is a smart girl, teaching the others how to roll the bottle for food.

First big snow of the winter; at least a foot. Chicklandia held up well. The flock was uncertain about this and stayed in their coop until late morning. I coaxed them out with warm oatmeal.

first big snow.jpg
all dug out.jpg

Well they certainly look safe and dry in there! Not sure if we will get another big snow or not but I don't think it will matter to them!

Back
Top Bottom