Welcome to Kayla’s Flock!

Pics
Charlie goes back for his shots next week. :) I’ll try to get pictures of my animals soon.
C107FF9F-A714-4A5A-94B6-E1BEBA66540E.jpeg

Is aggression normal in puppies? Charlie’s probably almost 4 (if not already) months old and is a little meanie. If he’s playing, and I pick him up for any reason, he’ll growl and bite me until I either yell at him or put him down. He also does this when I try to tell him “NO” or “STOP”. He just gets mad. :/

He's a toddler in human terms, think terrible twos. Deep within him is the desire to please you but right now on the surface he just wants to have fun and do what he wants to. So you need to get past that to layer and get to him where pleasing you is important.

What I do/have done... When he starts to growl at you, say his name in a soft but very stern and disappointing tone. Stretch it out Chaaaarrrrlie and find an unhappy facial expression. Practice consistency as you'll use this a lot while training him. When he tries to bite a firm No Charlie in a sharp and concise voice, followed by Chaarrrrlie. Use the Chaaarrrrlie any time he's exhibiting undesirable behavior. He's old enough to start training. I always have a pocket full of small training treats. Sit, Stay, Lay down and come are among the most important commands in my view. I also use Okay as a release to Stay.

When he does well or tries to get it right, shower with praise and give a treat. When he refuses to attempt or exhibits poor behavior use the Chaarrrlie.

Downstream, Sit and Lay down can be used to calm him down. When I train a dog, I never hit or punish, but will re-direct and help them find the position I'm asking them to get to.

Just my two cents...

I forgot to tell you guys I hatched 2 call babies! They’re a week old now. Excuse the filthy pool. I’m a bit behind on cleaning. Oops. There’s a Pastel and a Blue Fawn.
080DF337-7E94-4CDE-A402-6A8C5814B816.jpeg
926E5879-BDA1-4707-836B-A2A6403E3CC4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom