Welcome to my farm!

Aeromeggy

Hatching
Jun 13, 2016
Hello!

I am a new duckling mama who is excited to get information and chat with people about raising ducks. I hatched eggs in my Kindergarten classroom and opted to take home 3 of the 11 ducklings that hatched. I am not yet sure what kind they are, but I think 2 are Pekin and 1 is Rouen.

My husband and I also raise chickens for eggs....we currently have 20 - a mix between Rhode Island Reds, Speckled Plymouth and Silkies. We also raise hogs for meat - this is our first year and we have 5 (though 4 are for other people).

We have a four year old son who loves animals and actively helps us with them. Along with one 120 pound dog and 2 cats, we are a busy household! We live on 26 acres in a rural town in NY. Who knows what we might decide to get in to next!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Wow, sounds like you are kept quite busy!! LOL The duckling project sounds fun. I don't keep ducks but I should one day.

Have you found our ducks section yet? You can connect with other duck owners and even get ID's on yours if need be... https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Well, we certainly are glad to have you. Make yourself at home here and welcome to our roost! :)

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I've always wanted to own ducks, they seem so fun and entertaining. Definitely check out the duck link attached above by TwoCrows.

We're so happy to have you and can't wait to get to know you more!
frow.gif
Good luck with your ducks!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! It sure does sound a very busy household!! Wishing you the very best of luck with your ducks in the future and please do take advantage of the link TwoCrows left for you.

Enjoy BYC :frow

I did find the ducks section....thank you!

Thanks for the warm welcomes....excited to be a part of the group!

Back
Top Bottom