Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Can it be Crow season by any chance? We have more than our share here. I'd like to be rid of a few.

I really hate crows! I've been known to run outside in boxers, waving a big stick & yelling at them to get out of my trees. The neighbors probably think I'm unstable, but I refuse to have those nasty beasts in my yard.

I will neither confirm nor deny my state of stability.
lau.gif

I actually like crows, and ravens because they help keep the hawks away. :)

Anyways, we had a good time today and went hiking East of Taos

Went through Angel Fire and Red River, then back down to Taos. Stopped in Arroyo Seco at the Taos Cow for some of their amazing ice cream, made with mostly local ingredients, then took the high road home.

Last edited:
Serious chicken questions for you vets out there:

One of my girls is sounding kinda snotty. Heard her sneeze a couple times the last few days and it sounds wet. When I hold her, I don't really hear anything going on with her breathing and her nose looks ok but I know I saw/heard her several times.

Normally I would sit back, give them some electrolites and wait and see but we are going out of town later this week and I don't want my chicken sitter to end up with an epidemic on her hands.

What can I dose them all with? Can we still get antibiotics at the co-op or do I have to see the vet first now? If I get it, what do I get?

Any and all advice appreciated.

Serious chicken questions for you vets out there:

One  of my girls is sounding kinda snotty.  Heard her sneeze a couple times the last few days and it sounds wet.  When I hold her, I don't really hear anything going on with her breathing and her nose looks ok but I know I saw/heard her several times.

Normally I would sit back, give them some electrolites and wait and see but we are going out of town later this week and I don't want my chicken sitter to end up with an epidemic on her hands.

What can I dose them all with?  Can we still get antibiotics at the co-op or do I have to see the vet first now?  If I get it, what do I get?

Any and all advice appreciated. 

Should be able to still get water solubles like Oxytetracycline. That's what my Vet recommended. Can you separate her while you're away?

Back
Top Bottom