Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Does anyone else here have a hard time picking out greeting cards?
I can never just pick one without reading 3 dozen of them first.
As if the card picking out isn't hard enough. .
I have a great uncle who is dying of cancer. He moved out to Arizona to finish his days there so his wife would be close to her kids when he passes. Total suck for our family. . but I understand totally.
Anyway. . he is at the end and currently bedridden at the hospital.
Our family is doing a card shower since no-one can be there.
WOW. Try to find a card for that. It is NOT easy. :he

That just totally sucks

My pond today
20190422_084803.jpg

Does anyone else here have a hard time picking out greeting cards?
I can never just pick one without reading 3 dozen of them first.
As if the card picking out isn't hard enough. .
I have a great uncle who is dying of cancer. He moved out to Arizona to finish his days there so his wife would be close to her kids when he passes. Total suck for our family. . but I understand totally.
Anyway. . he is at the end and currently bedridden at the hospital.
Our family is doing a card shower since no-one can be there.
WOW. Try to find a card for that. It is NOT easy. :he
That is a tough one, Shaw. But I agree - just tell him you love him and that he has a special place in your heart, and leave it at that. Maybe share a special memory if you have one. Something that makes you smile when you look back on it. Too many words and he’s not going to have the energy to read them all, and they won’t mean anything.

Just let him know he has a special place in your heart.

That is a tough one, Shaw. But I agree - just tell him you love him and that he has a special place in your heart, and leave it at that. Maybe share a special memory if you have one. Something that makes you smile when you look back on it. Too many words and he’s not going to have the energy to read them all, and they won’t mean anything.
Thanks you guys. Good advice. I don't have too awful many memories of him. . he was around more when I was very young.
They traveled a lot and didn't live close most of their years. My mom spent a lot of time with them the last year before they moved. I went to visit several times with her and helped clean their house. We sure did enjoy those visits!
*Trying to remember something we laughed about or something funny that happened. .

View attachment 1748180 He sent this home with me the last time I seen him. . said so I'd remember his crazy a$$
:lau
maybe I'll say something about that.
It was just overflowing with hens and chicks when I brought it home. The ducks got into it last summer and ripped them to pieces. :rant
I like that idea.... but maybe don't mention the plant dying

Ducklings are getting so big! Now that we've survived the hawks and the disappearing house/animal sitter (rip to the poor babies who didn't) I'm itching too replace the lost ones but finances won't allow for it just yet

Attachments

• 20190421_174822.jpg
    20190421_174822.jpg
    990.4 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom