Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

hello,first time i,ve posted on here ,Alaskan I hope things go better for you than they did for me at my son,s wedding .we were not speaking at the time but I got an invite so I went anyway ,it was horrible ,Ididn,t know alot of people and the ones I did know snubbed me ,even the bride and groom .I was on my own so I left as soon as poss ,to this day wish I,d never gone .hope things are different for you and your family .

-sigh-

Because I refuse to pretend it didn't happen.

I refuse to go to any of the activities where I might have to talk to baby sis.

I refuse to go to the reception or do group photos.

If they would apologize, sincerely, I would.

But they ALL refuse to talk to me. I did send my mom VERY kind texts, and a very kind explanatory email.... she ALSO refused to respond or discuss.

So... I will show up, protect my kids, go to the church service with my kids... the actual wedding part, and then go home.

And since no one is talking to me... I am now having to shell out a bunch of funds I didn't really have... for an Air bnb, and a rental car....

And it... BLOWS MY MIND!!!! We used to be a family that sure, maybe hated each other at times, got mad at each other, whatever... but we yelled and screamed TALKED IT ALL OUT, and got over it, or at least agreed to disagree.

But now... this wall of silence???

I guess it is because my dad is dead... he was the talker.

So yes... I am now the super nasty prideful person that refuses to be nice and party with everyone. :he

But I do NOT see how I can back down... because backing down would say that what they did was OK, and it WAS NOT OK.
I’m on your side! I can’t believe you buckled & are going, but since you are, be safe, smile, take the damn picture & as cheap trick says, “surrender, but don’t give your self away.” Above all, try not to kill anyone. I hope you can check in occasionally while you’re gone. Good Luck!!! :hugs

@Alaskan - 'Al' you're a better man/woman than me. I would not go - I would not be truly nasty, but would not put myself in the presence of nastiness. Many years ago I severed ties with an abrasive family member, and rank that high on the list of 'Best Things Done'. Good luck. I'll be thinking of you.

@Alaskan - 'Al' you're a better man/woman than me. I would not go - I would not be truly nasty, but would not put myself in the presence of nastiness. Many years ago I severed ties with an abrasive family member, and rank that high on the list of 'Best Things Done'. Good luck. I'll be thinking of you.
Al--I agree with Sour---your own kids and spouse are the ones who will surround you at the end. Take care and endure this as best you can.

I talked it over with a good family friend..

The thought was that the loving and Christian thing to do, was to go to the wedding only... since the bride had nothing to do with this.... to show my support to the bride.. but to skip all other things, since all other things would include socializing.

@room onthebroom you think i should agree to the pictures??? :eek:

hello,first time i,ve posted on here ,Alaskan I hope things go better for you than they did for me at my son,s wedding .we were not speaking at the time but I got an invite so I went anyway ,it was horrible ,Ididn,t know alot of people and the ones I did know snubbed me ,even the bride and groom .I was on my own so I left as soon as poss ,to this day wish I,d never gone .hope things are different for you and your family .
Howdy, welcome... and that super sucked.

:hugs

I m
I talked it over with a good family friend..

The thought was that the loving and Christian thing to do, was to go to the wedding only... since the bride had nothing to do with this.... to show my support to the bride.. but to skip all other things, since all other things would include socializing.

@room onthebroom you think i should agree to the pictures??? :eek:
What’s happening with pictures? I think I missed something.. (I know I’m not Roomy, but I’m nosy.)

Back
Top Bottom