Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

That's the beauty of chop - you can hide stuff they might otherwise turn their beaks up at in it, haha. This batch of chop is quinoa, oats, beetroot, carrot, collard greens, and bell pepper.

You could also try some bird bread for her. I make some from scratch from time to time, but they do make mixes. Harrison's has one that tastes a lot like their pellets, so you can also use it as a conversion tool to get birds eating pellets. They used it like that to get a pair of budgies (which are notoriously hard to convert) to eat pellets when before they wouldn't touch anything but millet spray.

I'm still unsure of the name. I like Rowan, but I'm not sure yet if that really fits his personality.
Hummmm

Not sure if that would work.

She eats off of our plates.... and if we are eating something too healthy... she will not eat it. And that is with watching us eating it!

We often eat salad... but rarely can we get her to touch it, and then she just bites the ribs of Romain, I don't think she swallows.

:rolleyes:

I have gotten her to eat a cockateil sized pellet... NOT one of the better quality brands (I am familiar with Harrison's, good product. Ages back, when I had parrots i weaned them all onto Roudybush, which is also good). Anyway... she will eat the tiny brightly colored cockatiel pellets... but not enough for her daily intake.. .

Whatever.... crazy bird... I keep trying, offering her different stuff.

:idunno

Her saving grace is that she does lots of flying daily, so that should help.

1643515310763.png

Back
Top Bottom