Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Helloooo, Pond!
Today is the middle of my 3 weeks at Camp. Last week we had 41 senior high campers and 13 staff. This week we’re feeding 32 junior high kids (going into grades 6-8) plus 20 staff members. Next week we have 43 primary kids (grades 2-5) signed up, with 20 adults. Camp ends on Thursday next week. On. Saturday DH and I will be heading to Colorado for a cousin reunion (his side). Happily, I have always been able to sleep in the car.

I had to run home and pick something up on Monday. DH mentioned that there was a broody in the coop, so we gave her 8 eggs while I was home. They are due to hatch a few days after we get home. Other than that, not much else going on around here.

Orr, I would be happy to give some of your broodies a job if they were closer.
Hope camp was super successful!
Oh my goodness, so many - SO MANY broodies this year!! I had a jail crowding issue - had to let some out on early release...but the recidivism rate is high. 😂

Five mornings a week w the "Singin' in the Rain" kids in town, then weekends w the "Job Story" adults in Sacramento... It's actually working out better than I thought it would.

Production dates are July 22-23 for 'Rain' and Aug 3,4,8,9 for 'Job' then school starts Aug 17.

Hope camp was super successful!
Oh my goodness, so many - SO MANY broodies this year!! I had a jail crowding issue - had to let some out on early release...but the recidivism rate is high. 😂

Five mornings a week w the "Singin' in the Rain" kids in town, then weekends w the "Job Story" adults in Sacramento... It's actually working out better than I thought it would.

Production dates are July 22-23 for 'Rain' and Aug 3,4,8,9 for 'Job' then school starts Aug 17.
Busy as heck!

{splash}

[shudders while completely under water as I adjust to the brisk temperature]

(Gasps as I surface for a fresh breath & quickly submerged again)

Swims a good 40-50m before flipping a submerged summersault to return to the shoreline while still holding that breath…

/reaches the shallow, sandy shorline, stands and exits the brisk water

… quickly disappearing into the shadows of the trees & thinks to self, “skinny dipping can be so over rated.”

{splash}

Swims a good 40-50m before flipping a submerged summersault to return to the shoreline while still holding that breath…

… quickly disappearing into the shadows of the trees & thinks to self, “skinny dipping can be so over rated.”
You’re lucky the python didn’t getcha.

Operation Rooster Flight commences tomorrow … I’m sick, sick, sick about it. 🤢😭

Trying to think good, optimistic thoughts.

Be brave little man! Fly safe & acclimate quickly! 💜🙏
8ABA582B-7F76-4D85-A492-C8A9D2636C84.jpeg

Good morning, Pond.

{splash}

The moats over at Em's kingdom are always warm, but of course skinny dipping there does present problems.

Back
Top Bottom