Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Hello Pond family!
Can anyone tell I had a lot of catching up to read?? :D :oops:
Seems like all is basically well, at least as far as the Pond wellness goes. :p

@OneMountainAcres i didn’t see an update on the kids ankle?
@Pyxis we need pics of Pixel in her onesie! And the new straight-run pullets lol!
@dan26552 great looking birds you are breeding. I still feel like your proud Auntie. :D Too bad your “aunt” couldn’t have seen Lee Greenwood with you! I love him!!
@pennyJo1960 love the cat tree! Are they using it? Are you going to cover it with carpet or anything?
@sourland glad you are feeling better. Are you back to Sour-normal now?
@room onthebroom Dolly still cracks me up. How often does she get a new wardrobe?
@Alaskan glad the boy made it home safely. And just drink the damn spouse’s coffee and learn to like it! Lol
And that moose! :eek:

@ChickenMama6RIR that’s a ton of chicks! How are they doing now?
@Toothpick Welcome to the Pond. Sorry it wasn’t the kind of pond you were expecting, but it is a very welcoming pond. Yours looks super! Are you stocking it with fish or what?

Ok, that’s all I can remember, I’m sure I’m missing something, my apologies.

Gawd, it’s been so hot and humid here, heavy 5-minute downpours every few hours have been crazy! Today is a bit more bearable. Wanted to go fishing, took the day off to spend with hubby. It’s our 17th anniversary today!! Good grief, that seems like a long time.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

May you have many more.

Last edited:
Good Evening, Pond!
We got the birds done today. Ended up processing 11 instead of 12. The 12th one looks and is built more like an egg-laying breed, so we decided not to mess with him. So I currently have a red cockerel of unknown origin and a Blue Andalusian cockerel to grow out, watch and hopefully choose from to keep as a flock rooster. Hopefully one or both of them are decent birds. I also have two chicks of unknown sex, so we’ll see what they turn out to be.

My Big Red Broilers ranged in size from 5-71/2 lbs. I’m quite happy with them. I kept 4 whole, made a few packages of cut up whole chickens, packaged some boneless, skinless breasts, and made some packages of what DH calls “Air Force Chicken” (because it’s all takeoff and landing gear - wings and legs.) I also have 6 qts of bone broth in the canner, another batch in the Instant Pot, and 3 more carcasses to turn into bone broth. I did not, however, keep the feet.

Good morning, Pond. Today is the last performance of the Princess's play. Son and DIL came up from Md., GD came down from Syracuse, DD and SIL came, one of DD's long time friends came 0 - it was a family 'get together'. :hugs Princess and her cast have done a really great job - it's an excellent production. Wonder what her next project will be - there's sure to be one.

Good morning, Pond. Today is the last performance of the Princess's play. Son and DIL came up from Md., GD came down from Syracuse, DD and SIL came, one of DD's long time friends came 0 - it was a family 'get together'. :hugs Princess and her cast have done a really great job - it's an excellent production. Wonder what her next project will be - there's sure to be one.
I am glad you are having family time, Sour! Enjoy your day!

Back
Top Bottom