Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Just get some calico bantam cochins. They're way better. Couldn't keep those dang d'uccles alive to save my life. Gorgeous but not hardy 🤷‍♂️ I did love those cochins though. I regret selling that calico some days 🤣
I'm not opposed to that! I need to see if they're gonna have any cochins in. When they do, they're normally assorted. I might be a little biased to the milles tho, just because that's my youngest daughters name lol. Well, except she has two Es instead of one lol! I've heard cochins are very broody. Which I'm not opposed to either, because I've heard the same about the d'uccles lol

I'm not opposed to that! I need to see if they're gonna have any cochins in. When they do, they're normally assorted. I might be a little biased to the milles tho, just because that's my youngest daughters name lol. Well, except she has two Es instead of one lol! I've heard cochins are very broody. Which I'm not opposed to either, because I've heard the same about the d'uccles lol
I only had em about a year and they never really went full broody on me 🤷‍♂️
They never have anything interesting at our tractor supplys, I've got five within an hour and the most interesting thing I've seen is turkeys 😑 and only ever the broad breasteds, I keep seeing people being like "our store got in heritage assorted and I found Spanish blacks! like, WHERE TO I GO O FIND THOSE?!

I only had em about a year and they never really went full broody on me 🤷‍♂️
They never have anything interesting at our tractor supplys, I've got five within an hour and the most interesting thing I've seen is turkeys 😑 and only ever the broad breasteds, I keep seeing people being like "our store got in heritage assorted and I found Spanish blacks! like, WHERE TO I GO O FIND THOSE?!
Dude I'm freaking rolling 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 That's literally so true tho! We do get some cool breeds sometimes like the Prairie Bluebell Eggers and Marans. Even at that they are the cheap marans. I still bought a few tho 😅 But we have 1 store that will get poults and keeps, that's it. The rest are like, nah those can only be ordered on our website. Bull! They have them 20 miles up the road 🤣 I actually have some broad breastfed tho. I'm trying to leave them alone so I don't become attached because they are so sweet and spunky. I wish I could get some heritage tho. I found a local feed store tho that has some amazing breeds. Just drive the 6 hours this way and get ya some 🤣 they will have some heritage turkeys this Thursday I believe lol

Dude I'm freaking rolling 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 That's literally so true tho! We do get some cool breeds sometimes like the Prairie Bluebell Eggers and Marans. Even at that they are the cheap marans. I still bought a few tho 😅 But we have 1 store that will get poults and keeps, that's it. The rest are like, nah those can only be ordered on our website. Bull! They have them 20 miles up the road 🤣 I actually have some broad breastfed tho. I'm trying to leave them alone so I don't become attached because they are so sweet and spunky. I wish I could get some heritage tho. I found a local feed store tho that has some amazing breeds. Just drive the 6 hours this way and get ya some 🤣 they will have some heritage turkeys this Thursday I believe lol
It is tho! I've got Marans already, they're not super dark and they're not great quality but they're Black Coppers and I can work on those other traits
IMG20240122085129.jpg
IMG20240122085306.jpg
IMG20240310190156.jpg

I've never really had much luck with the BBs but other people do. I'm not paying $13 for them when I've got Royal Palms anyway.
image.jpg

Shoot, I'm getting $6 an egg down here 😳

It is tho! I've got Marans already, they're not super dark and they're not great quality but they're Black Coppers and I can work on those other traits
View attachment 3773611View attachment 3773612View attachment 3773613
I've never really had much luck with the BBs but other people do. I'm not paying $13 for them when I've got Royal Palms anyway.
View attachment 3773614
Shoot, I'm getting $6 an egg down here 😳
Yeah, that's a lot more similar to a welsummer egg than a maran. It's still really pretty though I like the darker Browns. Even when they're not super dark, I just can't stand the tan eggs 😆 Yeah, I was really hoping that mine were Royal Palm. They didn't have a breed on them. But now that they have some feathering in. I'm well aware that they are not 😭😭 Six dollars per turkey egg???

Yeah, that's a lot more similar to a welsummer egg than a maran. It's still really pretty though I like the darker Browns. Even when they're not super dark, I just can't stand the tan eggs 😆 Yeah, I was really hoping that mine were Royal Palm. They didn't have a breed on them. But now that they have some feathering in. I'm well aware that they are not 😭😭 Six dollars per turkey egg???
Yea It is but that's a fixable thing with the right culling and selection. I feel that 🤣 my buffs and GLWs have those tanner eggs 🤣
My royals didn't get their black until their 4-5th molt, they were like 3 months old at that point. But more than likely they are BBs.

Yes ma'am, I know, I don't believe it myself but the money is in my wallet 🤣

Yea It is but that's a fixable thing with the right culling and selection. I feel that 🤣 my buffs and GLWs have those tanner eggs 🤣
My royals didn't get their black until their 4-5th molt, they were like 3 months old at that point. But more than likely they are BBs.

Yes ma'am, I know, I don't believe it myself but the money is in my wallet 🤣
Yeah you're right about that. I love selective breeding 😍 I told my husband that in a couple of years, I'm setting up breeding pens for higher priced fowl lol!

Well I'm going to hold on to the hope that it's Royal palm. The hatchery they get them from has them. I'm praying hard now, because I love those stupid birds 🤣 I'll have to send ya some pics of them later. I'm about to be elbow deep in chicken 💩

Dude that's crazy! I've seen the crazy price the adults sell for tho! So it doesn't surprise me terribly 🥴

Back
Top Bottom