Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

They're like guineas, they're so much more fun when you have 5-6. I highly recommend 5-6. Especially if you have like 2 geese and 3 ganders, oh my gosh you're gonna LOVE breeding season. I highly recommend having at least 3 attack ganders for breeding season.

I only have 2 geese. My husband would kill me if I ever got more! But they don't like him like they like me lol. I started out the same way @ChickenMama6RIR . They called out to me at the feed store and I couldn't resist! I ended up with 2 ganders... they were the sweetest! Lollipop was our greeter, loved everyone, had to be the center of attention, and was always in the middle of everything we did. He was killed by a raccoon though at around 3 years old. Sunshine thinks I'm his mate so every spring, he attempts to cuddle up with me and... do his thing? Well last year, I found a young goose for him. This is my first year ever getting goose eggs and you better believe I have 5 or 6 developing in the incubator so far! Sunshine still thinks I'm his though lol

I only have 2 geese. My husband would kill me if I ever got more! But they don't like him like they like me lol. I started out the same way @ChickenMama6RIR . They called out to me at the feed store and I couldn't resist! I ended up with 2 ganders... they were the sweetest! Lollipop was our greeter, loved everyone, had to be the center of attention, and was always in the middle of everything we did. He was killed by a raccoon though at around 3 years old. Sunshine thinks I'm his mate so every spring, he attempts to cuddle up with me and... do his thing? Well last year, I found a young goose for him. This is my first year ever getting goose eggs and you better believe I have 5 or 6 developing in the incubator so far! Sunshine still thinks I'm his though lol
We usually pull any babies and my sister raises them out. Freaking geese hate me and she's all "Oh they're so sweet!"

My front door this week.

20240412_145117.jpg

Back
Top Bottom