Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Kind of like some of you all get used to the heat..... To a point. With cold it's a matter of dressing with quality warm clothing. My favorite was my Military arctic clothing. With my parka and bunny boots I can go out fishing in 25 below and be totally comfortable. My friends get amazed about my ability to not wear gloves either. For some reason my hands don't really get cold (unless I touch metal)
I would take the cold weather over hot weather. Can always put on quality clothes to keep warm, if it's to hot after a certain point you can't take anything else off.

What's it been now, a year and a half, give or take? All joking aside, I just gotta say... you've come a long way in all that time... it's been a pleasure watching you learn, grow and mature... dang proud of you, Dan...

"Maturing Midst the Muck" - sequel to "Islands". Good morning, Pond critters.

I would think that if the littles have access to food and a place They can go to get away from the meaties that they should be alright in the same run. Just be prepared for an overabundance of chick chit.

Thanks, and yeah, those little meaties are chitting machines! I'll see how it goes - at least i have a plan B if it gets a bit out of hand.

"Maturing Midst the Muck" - sequel to "Islands". Good morning, Pond critters.

Good morning, Mr Chicken breed
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I finally got the ducks to lay where I wanted!!! It only took digging out their favorite nesting spot to put a box in so that when they covered the eggs they didn't put them so deep they sit in dirt, filling the box with straw, puting all the moved bedding back around the box so they couldn't see it and covering it with another box so the chicken wouldn't poop on it. Ducks can be so annoying sometimes. :rolleyes:

And the result, mostly clean eggs!!!! :weee (except for whoever laid by the pool, that one was covered in mud!)

Back
Top Bottom