Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

What a shame

Yep.

Are you going to have all of holy week "virtual"?
We are. Sigh.
But, our pastor and his wife are older. The wife had a terrible bout of pneumonia last year with all kinds of scarring on her lungs, so we really want to protect them. Our church has a large amount of germ carriers... I mean, kids.

Eh.. our church higher-ups (so for all US) restricted services about the time that Seattle shut stuff down

Whenever that was...

At first it was just 10 people at once in church, and stay way spread out... now it has to be only a few (specific number changes by state, to follow whatever the local current laws are) and those have to be the same 2 or 3, no rotating, still stay way spread out, etc.

Some states or cities have said zero church, so the priests there are televising services from their home icon corner...

It will be odd.... but I am looking at the upside... since we can't bring a priest here to serve us for Holy Week, and Reader services for Holy Week... well... are lacking...

I was thinking we could pick a different Orthdox streaming church for each day (usually for Holy Week there are 2 services each day, 3 on the last Friday)..

It might be interesting to see that many different priests doing their best in impressively odd circumstances.

:idunno

Guess what we had to do at work today? We had to recall all Ivermectin products. Ivermectin, Ivomec, Eprinex, all the horse dewormer pastes like Quest and Equimax, etc.

Because there was an article posted about how, in a lab, it seemed like Ivermectin killed the virus. So people started buying up all these livestock dewormers to eat, drink, pour on themselves, etc.

So good luck deworming your animals now. You better want to use Safeguard or Pyrantel or something.
Ha!

Yep.

Eh.. our church higher-ups (so for all US) restricted services about the time that Seattle shut stuff down

Whenever that was...

At first it was just 10 people at once in church, and stay way spread out... now it has to be only a few (specific number changes by state, to follow whatever the local current laws are) and those have to be the same 2 or 3, no rotating, still stay way spread out, etc.

Some states or cities have said zero church, so the priests there are televising services from their home icon corner...

It will be odd.... but I am looking at the upside... since we can't bring a priest here to serve us for Holy Week, and Reader services for Holy Week... well... are lacking...

I was thinking we could pick a different Orthdox streaming church for each day (usually for Holy Week there are 2 services each day, 3 on the last Friday)..

It might be interesting to see that many different priests doing their best in impressively odd circumstances.

My running friend was saying she's going to use this as an opportunity to see what other churches are doing (lots of big churches already live-stream, but now even the small ones are doing it).

On another note - I have this week off!! I'm not supposed to answer texts, emails, or do any kind of school work. (I already answered one text and one email, but, whatever).
And, I have chicks due to hatch Thursday!

Guess what we had to do at work today? We had to recall all Ivermectin products. Ivermectin, Ivomec, Eprinex, all the horse dewormer pastes like Quest and Equimax, etc.

Because there was an article posted about how, in a lab, it seemed like Ivermectin killed the virus. So people started buying up all these livestock dewormers to eat, drink, pour on themselves, etc.

So good luck deworming your animals now. You better want to use Safeguard or Pyrantel or something.
:th

It's a beautiful day with a light mist on my lily pad. Gonna be an outdoor sort of day.

Anyone seen anything from @Shadrach since this whole virus crap took over the world?
Been concerned about him since Spain got hit so hard.

He was last at the Cafe yesterday morning, but did not brew the coffee today. :fl

:hugs

:smack

Yep.

Whenever that was...

very positive Al :thumbsup

Had an amazing run this morning. It was sprinkling and overcast, but really beautiful!
IMG_20200406_094134791.jpg

IMG_20200406_084500241_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200406_082118580_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom