Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Morning peeps, BOY IS IT HOT!!!
How am I supposed to keep my northern critters safe in 90+ heat with tropical dew points!!!
Not to mention us humans. :thOnly cooling down into the 60s at night, really?!?!?!

Raiding the big freezer for bags of frozen veggies for the chooks and putting the big fan into the coop this morning. The small vent fan in there isn't doing enough already and the weekend is supposed to be worse. I know you southern folks are chuckling at us but we are NOT geared to handle this stuff!!! :barnie
Poor puppers is on a bunch of drugs but she's still running a fever and her pain killers seem to be only taking the edge off so she is really uncomfortable. I can only hope all the folks heading north trying to outrun their heat and all the crazies in the cities use a bit of common sense and leave their noisemakers at home otherwise the added stress might just be too much not just for my critters but for all the wild things and their young. City people just don't seem to realize what all their noisy machines and fireworks and gunfire does to everything that lives here and it's almost impossible to get them to care.

1593606573199.png

I didn't really, but I can dream, right?

Back
Top Bottom