Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

No posts on here since Wednesday evening!
Everyone get hand cramps at once?
Nope just very very very boring around here. Oh, good news/bad news/good news. Good news-all tests back, 100% still in remission. Bad news-my modem/router decided to give up the ghost less than 10 minutes before my televisit w/ my onc. Good news-able to do a landline visit instead AND he said we can do the labs and tele-visits the same way every 6 months instead as long as my numbers stay good. Finally after 13 years, NO MORE ALL DAY ROADTRIPS! :wee
To state the obvious, I am back online. After 20 w/ my ISP on the landline convincing them that the thing had been on it's last leg for awhile (constant drops, repeated default gateway failure etc. errors) it just decided to go DOA (no pretty lights, nothing) "yes, I have an IQ and I checked the plug" :thand they are shipping me a new one. THEN, after all that, and double checking literally everything, about an hour later I happened to glance at it and,,,,one at a time,,,,the pretty little lights were popping and turning from red to green!!! :he I know they (the ISP tech) didn't do it, because they had already tried. I know the lines were good because they tested and I could see the lines in the house were good just by checking the lights on the SAM box sitting next to the modem (I've been part of the SAMKNOWS international research project for almost 2 years). Everything good there including the ethernet line connecting it to the modem. I can only conclude something funky with either the firmware and/or hardware in this cheap modem supplied by the ISP. :fl the thing decides to behave until the new one arrives.

Nope just very very very boring around here. Oh, good news/bad news/good news. Good news-all tests back, 100% still in remission. Bad news-my modem/router decided to give up the ghost less than 10 minutes before my televisit w/ my onc. Good news-able to do a landline visit instead AND he said we can do the labs and tele-visits the same way every 6 months instead as long as my numbers stay good. Finally after 13 years, NO MORE ALL DAY ROADTRIPS! :wee
To state the obvious, I am back online. After 20 w/ my ISP on the landline convincing them that the thing had been on it's last leg for awhile (constant drops, repeated default gateway failure etc. errors) it just decided to go DOA (no pretty lights, nothing) "yes, I have an IQ and I checked the plug" :thand they are shipping me a new one. THEN, after all that, and double checking literally everything, about an hour later I happened to glance at it and,,,,one at a time,,,,the pretty little lights were popping and turning from red to green!!! :he I know they (the ISP tech) didn't do it, because they had already tried. I know the lines were good because they tested and I could see the lines in the house were good just by checking the lights on the SAM box sitting next to the modem (I've been part of the SAMKNOWS international research project for almost 2 years). Everything good there including the ethernet line connecting it to the modem. I can only conclude something funky with either the firmware and/or hardware in this cheap modem supplied by the ISP. :fl the thing decides to behave until the new one arrives.
Medically, I guess I'm doing alright, so far. Still no further chemo or radiation, just blood draws every month & a ct scan every 3 months to monitor what's left of the cancer mass in the one lung.

Haven't seen an oncologist in 2-3 months. First one took a job closer to home, & I've been back twice but still haven't met his replacement. I guess they'll let me know if anything doesn't look right, maybe.

And now for your accurate Covid update;
(This was no surprise. If it happened this early it probably means there goes the vaccine)

Dr. Fauci: Coronavirus Is Mutating To Spread Faster
By Bill GalluccioJul 3, 2020

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, is warning that the coronavirus is mutating to become more infectious. Dr. Fauci discussed the new development during an interview with The Journal of the American Medical Association's Dr. Howard Bauchner.
"The data is showing there's a single mutation that makes the virus be able to replicate better and maybe have high viral loads," Fauci said. "We don't have a connection to whether an individual does worse with this or not; it just seems that the virus replicates better and may be more transmissible."

Fauci was referencing a newly published study by researchers with the Sheffield COVID-19 Genomics Group. They discovered a new strain of the virus that "has become the most prevalent form in the global pandemic." The paper said that the coronavirus mutated months ago and that the virus that spread through Italy was different than the one which originated in Wuhan, China.
While the virus has mutated to spread faster between people, the new strain does not appear to make people sicker. Another group of researchers from the La Jolla Institute for Immunology and the Coronavirus Immunotherapy Consortium said that early results from their analysis of the new strain showed it does not cause a more severe form of COVID-19.
"Our global tracking data show that the G614 variant in Spike has spread faster than D614," theoretical biologist Bette Korber of Los Alamos National Laboratory and colleagues wrote in their report. "We interpret this to mean that the virus is likely to be more infectious," they added. "Interestingly, we did not find evidence of G614 impact on disease severity."
Photo: Getty Images

View Comments

Sponsored Content
Sponsored Content

Oh Whew.

I am shopping for internet Phone and TV bundles.

My head is a whirl.... But so far I am seeing Huges to be the better choice.

Any others I should take a look at? or should be warned away from?

deb

Oh Whew.

I am shopping for internet Phone and TV bundles.

My head is a whirl.... But so far I am seeing Huges to be the better choice.

Any others I should take a look at? or should be warned away from?

deb
Eh, I have no helpful thoughts...

But cool that things are moving along!

Back
Top Bottom