Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Hey, dan, where you been - how you been. You've been missed. Hope that all is well with you and your family.
I've been being busy. Got a truck! Lost a few family members, sorted through 100+ chickens and ducks. Sold a lotta hogs and have butchered and processed well over 200 cows this year. It has been a year. How about you?

I've been being busy. Got a truck! Lost a few family members, sorted through 100+ chickens and ducks. Sold a lotta hogs and have butchered and processed well over 200 cows this year. It has been a year. How about you?
Sounds like a dash through 2020

:hugs

Lost family members, like they just moved out?

Sounds like some of the good and bad of life, dan. We're good here. Being mostly smart and waiting out the year.

Wow! Been quite a year for you, huh? We’ve been well. Busy, but that’s not a terrible thing.

Going to be having a mass selloff here shortly if these hens don't get it in gear; 6 proven layers, 3 that were hatched this Spring, and not a single egg in almost a month. Only a couple, at the most, for a month or so before that. DW had to buy eggs at the store last week.

Even my older birds aren't that old...3 years max, maybe.

Molting so hard there's more feathers than shavings in the coop.

Going to be having a mass selloff here shortly if these hens don't get it in gear; 6 proven layers, 3 that were hatched this Spring, and not a single egg in almost a month. Only a couple, at the most, for a month or so before that. DW had to buy eggs at the store last week.

Even my older birds aren't that old...3 years max, maybe.

Molting so hard there's more feathers than shavings in the coop.
The molt will do that ...

But often come fall my birds have a heavy lice infestation that makes it even harder for them...

Check for bugs

Wow! I’m sorry! :hugs
Thanks.
Sounds like a dash through 2020

:hugs

Lost family members, like they just moved out?
It's been quite a year. Lol.

No, my great great aunt passed in January and an "adopted aunt" passed in mid Feb, very sudden. She was supposed to meet my sister and uncle to get him out of rehab (foot surgery) and never showed so my sister went to check on her and found the door busted open by the EMs. Took half a day to locate which hospital she was in. Had a heart attack about 5-6 that morning. That was a Monday. Wednesday she died. :( Then my uncle (her husband) died in late may. He was 83. He was one of my biggest father figures.
Sounds like some of the good and bad of life, dan. We're good here. Being mostly smart and waiting out the year.
It has definitely come in twos and threes. Lol.
Well that's good.
Wow! Been quite a year for you, huh? We’ve been well. Busy, but that’s not a terrible thing.
Yeah, you could say that :lol:. That's great.

Back
Top Bottom