Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

My phone doesn’t always believe me that I know what I want to say either.

Upon closer inspection, it is a predator attack. She’s missing a chunk of feathers from the side of her neck as well. I wasn’t able to get close enough to her earlier today to see it. I did see a hawk the other day on the way home from town, so I know they’re back. We have red tail hawks that live here, and so many different ones that migrate through in the spring and fall. Still have company, so will put her in the crate later tonight. Partly to keep flock mates from picking on her.

ETA - when I discovered her, she was still out wandering around with the flock, not looking terribly distressed, but I know that chickens will go and go until they can’t.

Last edited:
So, small frustration...some of my favorite people moved to Oregon a few months ago. The husband was our drummer at church and we would do lots of jam sessions and music gatherings with him, E, (bass) and our other guitarist in addition to Sunday services. The son (adult, early 20s) is also a drummer and took his dad's place... when he shows up - which is really hit and miss. This bugs me.

So, small frustration...some of my favorite people moved to Oregon a few months ago. The husband was our drummer at church and we would do lots of jam sessions and music gatherings with him, E, (bass) and our other guitarist in addition to Sunday services. The son (adult, early 20s) is also a drummer and took his dad's place... when he shows up - which is really hit and miss. This bugs me.
Yes...

:(

Reliability... it is a good thing.

Crisp and clear - beautiful morning on my lily pad. Going to work some dogs once the snow softens a bit.
I can’t believe some of the wackadoo words my phone changes things to. I should start taking screenshots.
Sure, you and 'Al' go ahead and blame the phones.
Yes...

:(

Reliability... it is a good thing.
A sense of responsibility is a hell of a burden. Some choose not to accept that burden.

Crisp and clear - beautiful morning on my lily pad. Going to work some dogs once the snow softens a bit.

Sure, you and 'Al' go ahead and blame the phones.

A sense of responsibility is a hell of a burden. Some choose not to accept that burden.
I have much greater respect for folks who say, "I can't make it (or don't want to)" than the ones who just don't show up.

Back
Top Bottom