Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Well... loud sulk

My shiny, shiny, brand new car...

I picked up a windshield chip.

Driver's side... so I get to LOOK at it every time I drive.

:mad:

I spent 75 buck-er-oos to get it "fixed" so it wouldn't crack..... and they forgot to use magic elf potion... so I can still SEE it!!! :tongue

Well... loud sulk

I spent 75 buck-er-oos to get it "fixed" so it wouldn't crack..... and they forgot to use magic elf potion... so I can still SEE it!!! :tongue
Ooh, that looks bad - would really bother me. :rant

Well... loud sulk

I just had to have the entire windshield replaced on a car that’s less than a year old. It kept spidering out in all directions. I’ve never had a chip do that before.

So the fix is not a fix?
Well... the "fix" keeps the rock chip at "chip" level. So, the fix keeps it from cracking.

Which is great.

But... since they just STABILIZE the chip, it is still visible.

And... this is my shiny shiny car.... well... my car that USED to be shiny shiny... or... is still a bit shiny? But, clearly no longer new.....

Oh... and on the way to get my chip "fixed"

A photo while I was stopped and waiting for the flagger.
8:30ish this morning

20221005_082556.jpg

Well... the "fix" keeps the rock chip at "chip" level. So, the fix keeps it from cracking.

Which is great.

And... this is my shiny shiny car.... well... my car that USED to be shiny shiny... or... is still a bit shiny? But, clearly no longer new.....
:barnie

Which is great.

Depending on how reasonable your comp deductible is, you could just replace it. Replacing a new car windshield without comp is no longer affordable because they have to recalibrate all the high tech stuff behind your mirror.

Back
Top Bottom