Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Good afternoon pond! It's week two of me being back to work and it's going to be a crazy season I think! On day one, halfway through the day, we had a water main break. They searched all over the place to find the leak but when they went out on the boat, they found the leak in the middle of the lake.

FB_IMG_1712259857564.jpg

We tried to close off the pipe and brought in multiple tanker trucks of water to put in to the water tanks to keep the park supplied.... the shut off valve failed and it was all lost to the lake overnight. We got divers in the other day to work on it but with the pipe under 10' of water and 10' of silt they had to do everything by feel (zero visibility). They could feel an 8" gap and put a clamp over it (all this during a massive rain storm) but when they started sending water through it again, they found that a long section of the pipe was cracked underneath (it's 60 years old apparently). The drivers can't come back till next Wednesday to do the repair so we're still without water in the park and the campground opens next Friday.

The rain has caused the lake and local creeks to sell like crazy! Right now, the lake is 4' above normal. The roads around here are ok but it's crazy to see. I'll just dump some pictures now.

20240404_074323.jpg
20240404_074943.jpg
20240404_075203.jpg
20240404_082001.jpg
20240404_083416.jpg
20240404_073942.jpg
20240403_143028.jpg

Good afternoon pond! It's week two of me being back to work and it's going to be a crazy season I think! On day one, halfway through the day, we had a water main break. They searched all over the place to find the leak but when they went out on the boat, they found the leak in the middle of the lake.

View attachment 3791540

We tried to close off the pipe and brought in multiple tanker trucks of water to put in to the water tanks to keep the park supplied.... the shut off valve failed and it was all lost to the lake overnight. We got divers in the other day to work on it but with the pipe under 10' of water and 10' of silt they had to do everything by feel (zero visibility). They could feel an 8" gap and put a clamp over it (all this during a massive rain storm) but when they started sending water through it again, they found that a long section of the pipe was cracked underneath (it's 60 years old apparently). The drivers can't come back till next Wednesday to do the repair so we're still without water in the park and the campground opens next Friday.

The rain has caused the lake and local creeks to sell like crazy! Right now, the lake is 4' above normal. The roads around here are ok but it's crazy to see. I'll just dump some pictures now.

View attachment 3791552View attachment 3791553View attachment 3791554View attachment 3791556View attachment 3791557View attachment 3791558View attachment 3791559
Quite a job, repairing that water line.

View attachment 3791540

View attachment 3791552View attachment 3791553View attachment 3791554View attachment 3791556View attachment 3791557View attachment 3791558View attachment 3791559
That is a crazy amount of water.... wow.

My place, just this week:
20240330_103841.jpg

I love that she got one of each color!! Will you milk any of them?
Yea, if I remember correctly her first set of twins was a tan and a black headed white too, so the solid black is new but looks near about like her mother did. May keep him, may not.

No, these are all mostly boar so won't produce enough to be worth milking anyway. Mom can't eat beef or lamb anymore but doesn't seem to have a problem with goat so the plan was to breed em and butcher the bucks.

Back
Top Bottom