Welding...?

nao57

Crowing
Mar 28, 2020
So I don't know how to weld. I was hoping to have a welder put 2 more support beams or strengthen the frame of a utility trailer with 2 more supports or something...? But what does stuff like that typically cost? Is it expensive?

Already many utility trailers actually support weight well. But I thought to convert one into like a camper for emergencies and for multi-function. To do that I thought it might be a good idea to add 2 more supports... so that was my reasoning.

But I don't want to go into some shop looking like a whale to be fished, or scammed... and I don't know what they'd charge. This seems like it wouldn't be very time intensive, and not a lot to ask for. But I don't know rates?

If you have a vocational school near you they take stuff like that in as projects for free. That’s the kind of stuff I looked forward too when I was in welding school as a break in the monotony

I think if the trailer is professionally made and in good shape, you'll exceed the weight limit on the tires before anything gave on the trailer

Back
Top Bottom