DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop
My Coop
I picked up 3 new pullets, 2 LHs and a California white, about 4 weeks ago. Couldn't do a true quarantine due to lack of space. New girls were kept in a small coop with temporary run within the 1/4 acre chicken yard. They stayed in there for 2 weeks before venturing out to roam the yard while the original flock was free ranging and locked out of the yard.
After 2 days of that I allowed them all to roam the yard together. Each night, everyone returned to their respective coops to roost. Except tonight.
I found the new girls cozied up together on the floor of the main coop with the original flock up on the roost. Not a squabble to be seen.
This is how they spent their day today with their first real snow.
IMG_20181115_161326266_LL.jpg

So happy for the easy transition! And the white eggs in my basket.

Look at Fabio! Good guy doing just what he's supposed to and looking like a million bucks doing it. I bet he loves you adding more ladies to his harem, he looks quite pleased.:)
Just went out to see if the new girls stayed in their huddle only to find Peanut in a nest box, Cali in front of that box and Lucy sitting pretty smack dab next to the cockerel! Smart girl.
View attachment 1590852

Look at Fabio! Good guy doing just what he's supposed to and looking like a million bucks doing it. I bet he loves you adding more ladies to his harem, he looks quite pleased.:)
He's coming along just fine. He did get a pretty good tune up not too long ago but has been very respectful since then and is everything I wanted in a rooster.
I feel very thankful right now.
Honestly I think my success is due to learning so much right here on BYC and planning accordingly.

He's a good guy, he'll just get better too you haven't seen anything yet. Those fav boys aren't too hard headed, you tuned him once likely you'll never have to again. Not even my boy but i'm proud of him.:)
He's coming along just fine. He did get a pretty good tune up not too long ago but has been very respectful since then and is everything I wanted in a rooster.
I feel very thankful right now.
Honestly I think my success is due to learning so much right here on BYC and planning accordingly.

Yep Dobie named him Fabio fits him right? She had two boys and I rallied hard for Fabio to be her keeper since my fella is the same breed and is just flawless as doodles go. I'm thrilled he's doing so well and not making me look like a dummy...not that a rooster would EVER do that you know?:gig
Is his name really Fabio? That's perfect!

Back
Top Bottom