Well hell

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Nov 5, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

What do I tell a 3 year old that has never met his father when he repeatedly asks "Where's Dad?" [​IMG]

2. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I am really not sure.....but you can talk to him about dads. A children's counselor can help with those things which may not be a bad idea anyways.

I had a friend and she had a two year old little girl and the little girls dad died when she was two and she was put into counseling for it to talk about it. It was always open subject and they had books that helped say what happened and where he was now. The counselor taught the mom and who she was now living with how to explain and answer her questions for her age. She actually lost her mom in a sense to because her mom was mentally unable to have her daughter live home with her if the dad was not there. Sad story.

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

"Don't really know, but Ken's here. Maybe you can use him for your Dad until we can find yours" Is that ok with you ken?

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:I like that.

5. debilorrah

Quote:Ken is PawPaw to him. I am not sure where the question even came from. This little guy has never even laid eyes on his dad. I was thinking about "Dad did a bad thing and is in time out for a while". He is in jail.....

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    so does he call you Maw Maw?

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:Or Granny

8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I wouldn't Deb. Just doesn't feel good to me telling a little boy your dad is a creep and you don't need him.

How about
    "He had to go away for awhile and I'm not sure when he'll be back. But if you've got "guy questions" I'm sure PawPaw will answer them for you"

9. debilorrah

Quote:Or Granny

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

Quote:I think you read me wrong. I was gonna tell him "Daddy did a bad thing and is away for a while".

Nothing more, except maybe "OH look a puppy". LOL! I feel that I need to be honest with the kid, at whatever level he can understand. Dads in a time out. Dad is gone for now. Etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by