Well hell

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
What do I tell a 3 year old that has never met his father when he repeatedly asks "Where's Dad?"
barnie.gif

I am really not sure.....but you can talk to him about dads. A children's counselor can help with those things which may not be a bad idea anyways.

I had a friend and she had a two year old little girl and the little girls dad died when she was two and she was put into counseling for it to talk about it. It was always open subject and they had books that helped say what happened and where he was now. The counselor taught the mom and who she was now living with how to explain and answer her questions for her age. She actually lost her mom in a sense to because her mom was mentally unable to have her daughter live home with her if the dad was not there. Sad story.

Quote:
Ken is PawPaw to him. I am not sure where the question even came from. This little guy has never even laid eyes on his dad. I was thinking about "Dad did a bad thing and is in time out for a while". He is in jail.....

I wouldn't Deb. Just doesn't feel good to me telling a little boy your dad is a creep and you don't need him.

How about
"He had to go away for awhile and I'm not sure when he'll be back. But if you've got "guy questions" I'm sure PawPaw will answer them for you"

Quote:
I think you read me wrong. I was gonna tell him "Daddy did a bad thing and is away for a while".

Nothing more, except maybe "OH look a puppy". LOL! I feel that I need to be honest with the kid, at whatever level he can understand. Dads in a time out. Dad is gone for now. Etc.

Back
Top Bottom