Well Here it Is, 3 Hour "Quick Coop" PIC HEAVY!

Quote:
Well i am not sure something i consider to be temporary should be entered or i would...........
roll.png

Even if it is temp, by entering the contest, you can have the coop up on the coops page and it can help others who come by and need a good temp coop or even permanent one later on. I say it can't hurt to try and enter.

Very good ideas there! For me, I would want the nests a little higher so I didn't have to bend over so far to collect eggs. Your birds all look healthy and happy. Where is the roo that was making your hen bald?

Looks great!

My only suggest which I haven't (and am surprised!) seen anyone else mention is to put hardware cloth along the bottom of the run so that raccoons and such don't reach in and grab them. However, if you're containing them to the inside at night and it is predator proof, that may not be an issue.

Wow that is pretty cool for being quick and temporary! Are ya sure you want to tear it down? Ya know you could leave it up AND build your hoop coop or cool garden plan one whichever you picked to do. Then you could get more chickens!
ya.gif

That one just looks so neat and functional. So easy to clean too. Plus your ladies look happy there.
smile.png

Definitely enter it in the contest!

Quote:
Yes that is one thing i would like to do is raise the nests some. But for the sake of time when doing it i just screwed the buckets to a 2x4 and was done with it to get me by.
The rooster is in a pot! Ok just kidding. We didnt bring a rooster home with us (he had 3) just brought the hens. We will probably get a rooster later just not sure yet.

I am amazed with this design. I think more so because I have a dismantled dog kennel not being used and now I CAN put it to use with something like this!

Definitely showing my DH when i get home. This is a great set up in my opinion!

Back
Top Bottom