Well Here it Is, 3 Hour "Quick Coop" PIC HEAVY!

Quote:
We are debating doing that at the moment. I dont think we will have an issue with predators since the coop and run are contained within a fully fenced yard patrolled by our Akita. We do plan to keep closing them in at night as well. I also hate to add all the hardware cloth just to have to rip it off in a month or so when i build a perm coop. Thanks!!

Wow that looks fantastic! I can't believe you were able to do it in less than three hours. Nice to know if we don't get ours done in time my girls might be able to get some shelter in a hurry.

Quote:
Well you have to remember there was two of us, me and my wife so that works out to 6 man hours total.

Quote:
It will make it to the upper 90's with a few 100's here. Before it gets to that though this coop will be long gone. If it isnt i will watch for a heat problem however on both the north and south side the top area between the roof tin and the wall tin is open for cross ventilation with the prevailing southern winds we have here. Also the front of the coop on the east is pretty much wide open as well. Shouldnt be a problem but if it does get to warm then a jig saw will make for a quick window install! Also the tin panels are just wired in place. Would take less than 5 minutes to cut the wires and remove the top panel on any given wall to increase ventilation. Same goes for replacing it in case of a storm. You could wire it back in place in less than 10 minutes i would say pretty easy.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am in central/western Kansas....... Wanna buy a coop? I am just going to tear it down in a month or so anyhow!
big_smile.png

I have enough unused kennel panels to build 3 maybe 4 more setups just like this one. I use to show Akitas and havent used them for a couple years now.

I am in Arkansas and looking for kennel panels- how far are you from NW arkansas? I m building a chainlink coop as well and would like to expand...

It does look like a nice set up, and simple as you could ask for.
smile.png
Nicely organised as well.

I understand it is a temp coop now, but my first thought at looking at it was, "oven in summer, freezer in winter", so others that are thinking of using the design, should bare that in mind. Insulation, and or a heat source (winter) would solve the problem, but adds to the construction time and costs.

Back
Top Bottom