Well i did it I ordered more chicks

well I got the yeah invoice yesterday and they will ship out on the 16th so Ill either get them the 18th or 19th of Feb: So cool kinda of a early b-day present for me.
Aww BHep I have 25 now in the incubator 4 Salmon Faverolles 3 buff orps 3 BA/DC Maran and EEs and delawares.

9 now inside
smile.png
three one month olds a Mottled Orpington, a NN EE (naked neck) a mottled RIR, Three golden comet crosses three weeks old , two American Dominiques, and one Blue cochin that are like 4 days old now. oh and more delaware eggs coming hahahaha. Let the chicken crazy begin hahahaaa.

shoot i should of been more patient with MPC lol oh well theres always next time hahaha. Yeah right hubby has put his foot down and said enough is enough . I even shocked myself when I said I wanted to stop incubating after I get this last set of eggs. I also got something on the auction here.
ep.gif

yeah the austra is cool looking the hens are white like a leghorn, built like a australorp, but they have like black spots in their feathers. and when they are chicks they are yellow and have black spots . I will take a picture when I get them. In the meantime hope everyone's chicks arrive safely and sound
smile.png
smile.png

I just put in (one of my many) chick order(s) in for 2011, too.
roll.png

6 Wheaten Ameraucana & 6 Silver Ameraucana from John Blehm - chickhatchery.com.

They're scheduled to arrive sometime in March - May.

Quote:
lol! that's what you say now! i've said it all before too, "oh, 4 is enough" or "this is my last set of eggs....i PROMISE" and i really mean it when i say it! but then.....well, something happens and i gotta have more! HOWEVER....i will say that i MUST have a limit since i'm illegal. already 2 of my most favorite girls sing the egg song from time to time, and i wonder if i should give them to my friend who has a farm? that would break my heart, considering those 2 girls love to sit on my lap! but the other 2 girls are SO quiet!!! (my BO and other EE)....i have NEVER heard them sing the song! and they're still laying....going strong too! the other 2 have struck an early moult....

Quote:
lol! that's what you say now! i've said it all before too, "oh, 4 is enough" or "this is my last set of eggs....i PROMISE" and i really mean it when i say it! but then.....well, something happens and i gotta have more! HOWEVER....i will say that i MUST have a limit since i'm illegal. already 2 of my most favorite girls sing the egg song from time to time, and i wonder if i should give them to my friend who has a farm? that would break my heart, considering those 2 girls love to sit on my lap! but the other 2 girls are SO quiet!!! (my BO and other EE)....i have NEVER heard them sing the song! and they're still laying....going strong too! the other 2 have struck an early moult....

I LOVE the egg song. All of my girls sing it, even on their day off from laying. I think they were giving the others support. I hope no one gives you a problem with their singing..
After all it isn't a rooster crowing!

Not sure what the limit of Roosters is here in Absarokee, thats why I ordered more pullets lol. I have four cockerls now
sad.png
I hope whatever hatches from now will be girls.
If not anyone want some roosters lol

Quote:

I LOVE the egg song. All of my girls sing it, even on their day off from laying. I think they were giving the others support. I hope no one gives you a problem with their singing..
After all it isn't a rooster crowing!

i love it too
love.gif
and i really hope nobody has a problem, cuz honestly, the neighbors have some VERY yappy dogs that are VERY loud......so.....hopefully everything will be fine.

Last edited:
Guilty! My hubby ordered me 102 birds from McMurray for Christmas. I am so anxious!

I am getting their variety pak of brown egg layers and 1 Silver laced Wyandotte rooster and 1 mystery rare chick. I am gonna give my mom 5 hens and the rooster.

This is my first mail order. I am so scared the weather will be bad the day they arrive. They are shipping the week of Jan 31st. ooooooOOOooooOOOO I am just bouncing in anticipation!!!!

Back
Top Bottom