Well I finally broke down and ordered chicks from Ideal

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Don't know why I kept putting it off this time. I even called DH one more time and confirmed that he wouldn't mind another 12 birds running around. He's so supportive of me getting more it's scary.
hide.gif

So, I ordered from Ideal (of course). I specified no males added for warmth and extra straw added to the box. Shipping the first week in May.

I'm getting - 2 speckled sussex, 3 easter eggers, 4 naked necks and 3 salmon faverolles. All standards, all pullets.

My spoiled brahmas world is about to be turned upside down.
lol.png

They're coming the 5th of May. Warm enough to brood outside.
I used to think turkens (naked necks) were ugly, but they've grown on me. Plus, I've heard that their personality makes up for their lack of outward beauty.

CONGRATS!!!!

Hey, what is the small order charge ? I wanted to order only a small amount, but saw that the minimum is 25....
your getting 12... so please please tell me the SECRET!!!! heheh

The small order charge is $7 then the QBC (Quarter Box Charge) is $8, so I ended up paying $15 plus $1.50 S & H

I didn't mind, but I guess other people might, I only ordered 10 chicks, bu now I'm thinking about adding some turkens since they seem to be friendly

Quote:
I see Jerseygirl already answered your question. Thanks Jersey
wink.png
Ideal doesn't have a chick minimum, only a minimum dollar amount.
I don't mind telling you that my order total for the chicks I listed above, plus the small order charges, postal insurance etc. was $42.41. Had I ordered from "the other small order place" the chicks alone would have been more than that.

Just wait till the weather is more stable (springtime is the right time for chicks IMO), specify that you don't want males added for warmth and ask for extra straw to be placed in the box.

Jersey, add the turkens and we'll start an ugly bird revolution!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom