I was outside, enjoying the morning, with a long list of things to do. I was transplanting peppers. My DD and DS were watching the spray plane fly over once and a while, on his way to different fields. I heard him coming in louder then before, and I looked up just in time to see him swoop low over the trees and start spraying his white mist out.... right above me. I grabbed up my 9 month old DD and yelled at the other kids to run in the house, but I am sure we got it. I called up DH and he said we should stay inside with the windows shut for at least 6-8 hours. He said it is not a poison, it is a contact killer, so it shouldnt kill the chickens if they eat the dead bugs. It STINKS!!! It smells very strong, like antifreeze almost, very chemicaly. We are in the corner of a big alfalfa field, so he basically did the whole place. I know they do what they have to do, but it is still a little scary.