Well I have decided to sell my silkies.........

RooptyDoo

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Illinois
I have decided to sell my silkies..... It has been a VERY hard decision. I just don't have enough time for them anymore. I feel like a horrible chicken mom but I think it will be best for them. I know the lady who is getting them and she is very sweet and I know she will take care of them. I will still be keeping my big chickens and my ducks. I will definitely miss the silkies. They are my favorite breed. Hopefully one day I will try again.
sad.png
RooptyDoo

So sorry...it's such a hard decision to make, isn't it. I may be facing something similar in about a year when my daughter graduates college and moves to Atlanta. I'm going to try to help with at least part of her mortgage so I can keep my silkies. They are at her house which is a good 20 minute drive from my house. I live smack dab in the middle of the city on a postage stamp lot in a gated community...so having them here is out.

If we can work it out, her Granny Donna will continue to live there after DD has moved and will continue to care for the chickens as she did while DD was in Iraq last year.

At any rate I know it's hard and I'm sorry you have to do this at this time.
hugs.gif

Rooptydoo I am so glad you have decided to trust me with your babies. Today I had to rehome some of my other breeds in order to make room, but thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to improve my flock. Today I sold a horse to a family up the road with a special needs child, even though I will see her everyday when I drive by I still got a little choked up ( kept smiling till I got home, no crying in front of kids)
hugs.gif

th.gif

Muddyhorse you wouldn't want to share would you!?

I tried getting birds from her many times. Last time at the swap I went to pick up some and she said you snagged them all. lol

Sorry your deciding to get rid of them Rooptydoo. I understand about the time issue.

Oh rooptydoo. That one chick that I got out of the first batch looks like a hen. Of course I can't tell for sure yet. But Her head poof is getting awful fluffy.
fl.gif
I candled eggs. And It looks like about half of the second batch are fertile and growing.
celebrate.gif
Can't tell for sure yet which ones are yours and which ones are mine. lol. I forgot to write on them. I'm glad I at least will have a few chicks from you.

But for real. I would love to get my hands on some more. Muddyhorse...
roll.png
Please....
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom