Well I said that I wouldn;t till spring :update I got a pip

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by turnerstar31, Jan 8, 2008.

1. turnerstar31

turnerstar31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    and get the incubator out. You all have been hatching like there is not tommorrow and I am envious. My incubator is going to be turned on tonight [​IMG] . The one reason is my chickies today presented me with 5 nice eggs today and I am hoping for some more tommorrow. So I just wanted to let you know that I blame all you hatchaholics for this [​IMG] but at the same time thank you [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG]

I'm completely innocent. [​IMG]

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'm having the same problem as you turnerstar....My hens have started laying again and the marans have been laying such nice dark eggs [​IMG]. The ones from the last couple of days are setting in a carton waiting for me to decide whether to turn on the incubator. I promised the hubby no more till spring....do you think he'd notice?!? The only ones left in the basement are 6 little silkies. [​IMG]

Oh and Cyn....you are not innocent in this!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  4. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh brother!!! [​IMG]

What breed are the eggs you are putting in your bator, Turnerstar?

5. Montanna

Montanna Out Of The Brooder

Quote:It is spring! Well, almost, we are having our January thaw now. The temps have been in the high 30s, (okay, so that is warm for the UP!)

I just put 10 more eggs in the incubator this morning. I only had one hatch in the last batch, hope to double my hatch rate this time! [​IMG]

Skeeter

6. turnerstar31

turnerstar31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Well they would be mutt eggs. I think most are going to be RIR crosses. I like my mutts it is always such a surprise to see what you get. Oh and Katy he will not notice just say that you found them or something lol or keep them hidden or you could just tell him what is a few more. lol [​IMG]

Oh and cyn you are so not innocent you and those darn baby bared rocks you just hatched I am so envious plus those little blue babies I want some

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm so ashamed... [​IMG]

NO, I'm not! Babies![​IMG]Babies! [​IMG] More Babies! [​IMG] You need more babies!!!! [​IMG]

8. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I'm right there with you, my bator hasn't been off since sept. and I have more eggs coming next week. [​IMG]

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:[​IMG] Love that devil seesaw!

<~~~~~~~ [​IMG]

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I thought I remembered you saying awhile back that you were gonna have to cut back on your chickens since you were finally getting your horse!!....Doesn't sound to me like you're cutting back!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by