Well i started my coop

Can you take a shot from a little ways back so we can see the whole thing, it looks nice, if the wood is fresh you should wait for a while, some people say you need to let it dry for a year, I would at least wait till mid summer. Mine darkened a little the first year then it started to change a lot faster after the first year,.

Can you take a shot from a little ways back so we can see the whole thing, it looks nice, if the wood is fresh you should wait for a while, some people say you need to let it dry for a year, I would at least wait till mid summer. Mine darkened a little the first year then it started to change a lot faster after the first year,.
ill get more pics either tomorrow or in a few days. im going to use deck stain on the exterior of the coop, not paint. ill wait a few more days before i stain the coop. i built the windows today but helped a friend most of the day so i didnt get to work on it as much as i wanted. i did get to build/install the 3rd door on the coop. the coop/pen is now done enough that chickens can be in it.

Awesome, deck stain is probably the best thing to use, do you know what shade you will be using? I will have to show my neighbor your style he's a contractor, I'm an artist so coop though functional is very artsy found object sculpture type. He would love your style coop since that style is in his profession.

I would hold off on the staining the boards are still drying, they are releasing mositure and they are going to shrink leaving u with areas that there are no stain. Fresh cut wood takes a bit to dry.

Back
Top Bottom