Well i started my coop

lesgo54

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2012
spencer, tn

I started today. its just shy of 8x 14'. i still need some more dirt in it then the sand. i have the wire already buried on the outside. on the left i started digging a trench for a new water line i been wanting to put there. so ill do it while im in the digging mood. the coop/run will look alot like "the Palace" and the "Taj Mahal". ill try and get it framed on monday but the weather man may not cooperate. i go back to work on wednesday for 3 weeks (on oilrig in gulf) so not much will get done till im back. i have my hardware cloth ordered and ill order the green metal on monday for the roof.

Is that EDPM you have on the floor? I was just reading about folks using that.
im not sure what edpm is. what i used on the floor is some leftover rubber that was used on a roof of a hotel. its about 1/16 inch thick. i figured it would wash off good. and i had it already.

Looking good, What size Battens, They are going to be close together with 6 Inch Boards.
they will be 1.5 inch wide. i installed most of then today till i ran out. i have all the hardware cloth done and built one of the 3 doors for the coop. ill get pics tomorrow evening.

i finished the water line today. no leaks. thats a good thing. i just need a little more dirt to fill in and ill be done with that part.

14277dz.jpg
i got most of th framing done today. the sad part is i cant do any more for 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom