Well i started my coop

lesgo54

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2012
spencer, tn

I started today. its just shy of 8x 14'. i still need some more dirt in it then the sand. i have the wire already buried on the outside. on the left i started digging a trench for a new water line i been wanting to put there. so ill do it while im in the digging mood. the coop/run will look alot like "the Palace" and the "Taj Mahal". ill try and get it framed on monday but the weather man may not cooperate. i go back to work on wednesday for 3 weeks (on oilrig in gulf) so not much will get done till im back. i have my hardware cloth ordered and ill order the green metal on monday for the roof.

i finished the water line today. no leaks. thats a good thing. i just need a little more dirt to fill in and ill be done with that part.

14277dz.jpg
i got most of th framing done today. the sad part is i cant do any more for 3 weeks.

25810zt.jpg
sorry the pic is so big. i got the nesting boxes done and the roost. ill work on the roof tomorrow if it doesnt rain. im still not sure what im going to use on the exterior of the coop. im thinking rough cut oak.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom