Well, I talked them into it! (PIC HEAVY!!)

Today is the chick's 3 week BIRTHDAY!
jumpy.gif
They got many, many treats of delicious things, and got to play out in the sun.
love.gif

No pictures unfortunately, since my camera decided to go bonkers.
barnie.gif

Well, the day before yesterday I purchased Hatching eggs. Breda Fowl, off of ebay. So... my existing flock of peepers are gonna have some new arrivals!!
And you all, are going to have some baby pictures, and hatching updates.
clap.gif

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay! The weather hasn't been great here, but tomorrow is supposed to be nice, so I plan to take pictures then.
smile.png

10 of the 12 Breda eggs are developing, and I cannot wait until Oct. 10, their due date.
ya.gif
All the chicks are getting so big(!!!)..... except for Clove and Glinda. They just don't seem to be growing. They keep up just fine with the others, but they have barely grown from hatchling size.

Last night the heat lamp burned out (grrrr) and this morning I found two very groggy and slow-moving babies. So I took Glinda and Clove inside with a heatlamp while I went to a class. Everybody's fine now.
smile.png
And now I have a plan. When the Breda chicks hatch, I will put Glinda and Clove in with them so they can teach them how to eat, drink and scratch. That way they won't have too much competition for food.
smile.png

Thanks for the help, she flew up 6' and out of the run this morning. Nothing like chasing chickens in the morning.

Just a small update today with a few pictures.

The chicks are getting so big! They look like tiny adults! Dad better hurry up and build them a coop!

Back
Top Bottom