Well if they're $0.50...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mandelyn, Mar 11, 2017.

1. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    Went on a supply run to TSC and of course you can hear the peeps as soon as you walk in. Did a drive-by and husband lost his mind on one bin being super cheap. I said yeah... for boys. But then I started looking and spied a couple girls. I explained the white dot on the head and so on and so forth. He seriously grabbed an employee and pointed out 6 to get. Used to be he would talk ME out of it!

He was my rock! He would let logic and reason rule!

It seems that he's now as bad as I am. It's not like we don't have 30 more coming in the mail here in 10 days or so. We're about to have 71 chickens! LOL We're building 4 brooders, housing is not a concern at this point. More the feed bill than anything since nothing is of age to be producing anything besides the 2 oldest hens and the Turkeys.

Speaking of which, I need to plug in the incubator for those turkey eggs that started coming.

I had to give him bad news, but he failed to listen to all I had to say on the markdown bin. He stopped listening after I said "Those black ones with the white dots on their head are male"... but not every black chick in there is the same breed... so of the 6 he picked, 3 look female and 3 look male, looks like 2 different types. But for $3 total... not bad. We can deal with roosters now that we're out of the city.

He's cracking me up though, he's really jumped on board with this, and now I have to rein him in! Just need to teach him all I know on sexing chicks so that he can shop better.

2. DeYoungs

DeYoungs Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2017
    That is funny, we started with eight and now we are at 29. This is very addictive!

3. Lovie

Lovie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2017
    Lol that is funny. I started with 6, now have 30 and peacocks [​IMG] My husband is not near as enthusiastic but he puts up with my birds quite well

4. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Further proof that chicken math is contagious!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by