Well, I'm a sho nuff Newby!!!!

hi and welcome. I would agree your best source of information would come from your local poultry club or breed organisation. In my experience eggs and day old chicks are fragile and do best in experienced hands or atleast arm yourself with all the byc and google info you can find. For starting out in breeding i would suggest a ready to breed pair, you'll save yourself some time, of course the cheap option is eggs or day olds, but you may experience a few losses b4 you have a win. Also buying ready to breed stock, you know what your getting excatly. The only thing is you may have to wait a little longer to find your ready to breed pair but in the end it just may save you time and money. Good luck with your search and your chicken adventures.

welcome-byc.gif
from Indiana!!!
frow.gif

Thanks chikibabe, we've raised them from chicks before that we've bought from the feed store. I don't mind waiting a bit to find an established pair. Just am not networked enough yet! From what I can tell, there aren't a lot of breeders down here in SE Ga, most seem to be up in middle and N. Ga. area.

I wanted to move to Ok because there's so much more barrel racing there...........but am so glad I didn't in a way! The weather out there is NUTS. It's a great place to be a barrel racer though!!

Back
Top Bottom