Well it finally happen

StormyMoon

Songster
9 Years
May 1, 2010
Alvarado, TX
I placed my order to Ideal this is a first for me since I did the order tonight I guess by Tuesday I will get the notification email. I am going to be a nervous wreck till they get here. I have always incubated my own chicks.

This year 3 of my girls went broody and 2 hatched 15 chicks each and 1 is sitting on
about 20 eggs.......

And now I have 26 more chicks that should be here next friday.

I think omg I just counted it 76 chicks
droolin.gif
hide.gif

Well... I suppose it is time to build a new brooder maybe my husband wont notice lol

Last edited:
if you orderd online wont they go thru the post office?
They will ask your name and addy but i dont think you will need any proof as they call you when your chicks come, or mine did or call them now and ask their procedure .
I am sure you wont need a paper from the seller as it is shipped to YOUR address not someone elses

Holy cow!!You do have a passle of chicks! NO i am sure your husband wont notice.

if you orderd online wont they go thru the post office?
They will ask your name and addy but i dont think you will need any proof as they call you when your chicks come, or mine did or call them now and ask their procedure .
I am sure you wont need a paper from the seller as it is shipped to YOUR address not someone elses

Holy cow!!You do have a passle of chicks! NO i am sure your husband wont notice.
Thank you so much for answering. I have never bought chicks from a hatchery before always from private breeders or TSC and of course the feed stores or incubated my own. This yr I moved and was going to get all my chicks from the hatchery my hens had stopped laying eggs since last june we moved in March but the day the very day we moved here the chickens didn't even wait for us to get them off the truck and out of the crates before they started laying eggs. I didn't think much about it next thing I knew I had broody hens left and right.

So I just let them do what made them happy.. I have one hen that wouldn't come out of her broodiness after her first clutch of chicks were hatched she stayed broody even after they feathered out and she started stealing eggs again. Now she has 5 babies with her but we are going to cage her up cause I am worried this is too much for her.

I was out feeding today and notice another set of chickens looking crazy I think they are going to go broody too. Maybe they can be mommies to the new chicks :)

Sounds like a plan. You're going to have your hands full with all those fluffy butts!
I find it amusing that your hens got going as soon as you moved. Have you tested the water there by your new house? Might be something in it
lol.png

LOL I didn't even get a chance to give them water before we pulled them off the truck.

at the old place we had issue with neighbor who let their dogs run wild we had to deal with a few attacks so the chickens were stressed to the max there I think it was a sign that they was finally home and were glad to be away from that place.

Back
Top Bottom