Well it happened, we lost some

CowgirlPenny

Songster
8 Years
Feb 17, 2011
South East TN
I never thought I would be saying this. Something (probably a raccoon) got my two gorgeous 7 week old Ameracuanas, and one of my sweetest 6 week old Buff Orpingtons) it did not really do anything to the BO, she was laying in the floor and all the feathers were gone on her face, but no blood. The other two....I don't know. We saw some feathers outside but no clue where they went. My heart is broken. My sweet girls. I just don't even know what to say. I only have one to bury, I wish if it did not actually eat them, that I knew where their bodies were.

Oh, how sad! I don't know why I'm always surprised when losing a bird or rodent hurts as much as losing a dog, but it sure does. My thoughts are with you!
hugs.gif

I am so sorry! we lost some to a fox a couple years ago, and then this winter a hunting dog (we think) came onto our property and killed our sweetest red literally two feet from my back porch in the middle of the day. I was so sad!!

Quote:
I'm so sorry... that's just heartbreaking~ did it happen in the night? The thought of losing one just hurts to think about, sending hugs your way
hugs.gif

Yes, it happened last night. My husband lets them out in the morning, and he didn't notice that only three came out. I went out to refill feed around noon and saw that only three were in the run. I just knew. They are always together. One was inside, dead but no blood. The other two are just completely gone.

By pure fate, luck...whatever you want to call the feed store in the next county had Ameracuana chicks. I knew I had to get more to replace mine, we have been so excited about blue eggs. So I went to get some. I got 4, and they had one lonesome Silkie chick. I've been trying to get a silkie for months. So I left with 5 new babies.

I'm so heartbroken that one stupid mistake (the window) caused my girls to die. I just hope that they went quickly.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom