Well, it happened.

Ouch, that's gotta hurt, have you re-named hime yet like "pot pie" just to get his attention? Is there anything special you used for the resulting wounds? Yours & his? :aww Sorry about that!

Sorry to hear bout that.
hugs.gif

Wait til you are bending down the check on your broody goose and the gander sticks his beak down the back of your shorts and bites your butt!
wink.png

I've been spurred so many times, I cant even remember the first time it happened. I remember when my BSL roo attacked me when I was younger and I bawled my head off as I whacked him with a stick,lol.

LOL Jordan. I did that too. I ran around chasing him with a stick before I caught him, yelling at him. Bad thing to do, I know, but I was in pain. I don't do pain well.

Thanks, Cheekon. =]
hugs.gif

MeanQueen, I did. I put triple antibiotic gel on it and whatnot. I'm fine. :)

Yikes! Do most roosters do that? I've never been spurred, yet at least. Mine hop up on the roost to get handfed. I routinely roust the hens off to gather the eggs and my roosters could care less. My older rooster is a good fella though and so sweet to the hens, when they are in the nest box getting ready to lay, he's there talking sweet to her and dancing around on the roost there. I've never had one to fuss at me but I'll be on guard now, that sounded pretty painful.

Back
Top Bottom