1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Well it only took less than a year...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Sonic Pug, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Sonic Pug

Sonic Pug Chillin' With My Peeps

For us to decide to build another coop because of chicken fever and chicken math! This year was our first year raising chickens and our girls are just about to the point of lay. We built a nice coop to comfortably accommodate 11 chickens. Well it didn't take very long for my brain to start twitching that "it would be so nice to have another coop to get some more breeds and to make a nice environment for more silkies". So now I just ordered 7 more chicks to arrive in the spring. There you go...2 coops in one year to accommodate 18 girls. I've gone cookoo crazy for sure! [​IMG]

2. Mother_Hen2011

Mother_Hen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    WOOOOT WOOOT CHICKEN MATH!!!! Im getting new chicks in the spring as well! Lol

3. UncleTommy

UncleTommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2011
    Sanger, CA
    LOVE your name, we should start a thread for people that have chickens and pugs! I just finished coop #2 today, they're both ugly as sin but they'll do the trick. Just remember, BIGGER! BIGGER!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by