Well I've really done it this time

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nifty50chick, Aug 22, 2010.

1. nifty50chick

nifty50chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    Hi everyone,
    Been lurking around for a bit, but our babies will be arriving on the 31st so I thought i best take the plunge and introduce myself! (cuz i will be looking for loads of advice and reassurance!)

I have 6 black sex link, 6 barred rock, and 25 meat chicks coming in a week or so. I have set up the "nursery" and am chomping at the bit for them to arrive! [​IMG]

A brand new 8'x12' coop awaits them (with attached 12'x30' fenced run) when they can graduate to it from my living room.
    The coop and run are within our fenced pasture, yet i attached to the barn for electricity and easy access to the water supply.

Soooooo, to make a long story short, i have not had chickens for 20 years, but am "eggcited" to be adding to our farm family. You all seem like a friendly flock and am looking forward to making some new pals.

Oh and just to keep life interesting..... I have two litters of bunnies due the day before the chicks arrive and my border colliexlab is due to whelp on the 28th. I need to hook up a web cam on my desk at work to keep an eye on my "brood"

cheers everyone,
    Nifty

2. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] from Maine [​IMG]

3. foxyloxy

foxyloxy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2010
    [​IMG] from Utah! There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here. I love it! [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Cheers!

5. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hello from Tucson, and [​IMG] Welcome back to the wonderful world of chickens.

6. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    and we're just as 'eggcited' to welcome you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by