Well, looky here!!! Surprise!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenlips1954, Oct 18, 2011.

1. chickenlips1954

chickenlips1954 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    When I got home from work yesterday and went out to the coop to gather eggs and give the girls scratch, who should appear but one of my Turken hens with 7 newly hatched chicks!! I had no idea that she had been missing, as I free-range my chickens during the day and don't count them when they go into the two coops at night. The mama is a beautiful black Turken and all 7 of her chicks are little black Turkens. A couple of them have some white or yellow spots on their tiny little heads. I don't have any Turken roos, so the daddy is either a Golden Laced Polish or one of my mixed roos. I moved her and her chicks into one of the coops and she's happy as can be and very protective of her little brood.

2. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    Ahhh thats sweet. Going to need some pics!

3. curious1969

curious1969 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Northwest Montana
    Yes...pics please [​IMG] They sound adorable. Congrats

4. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Oh how cute. My wife wants a few Polish and I am struggling to find her a few to love. Congrats to you

5. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Quote:Steve, where in the Pac NW are you? Craigslist has listed several Polish chicks for sale iin the Portland/ Vancouver area. Will you have a seperate enclosure for the Poliish? I had a Polish roo that was ruthlesslly pecked bald by my "normal" hens, so. Had to rehome hiim. I thinkk its best to keep Polish wiith their own kind, since none of them can really see, they don't harm each other, but those Fraggle Rock tops are just too irrisistable to non-Polish.

6. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Adorable and you KNOW we need pictures! ♥

Jenny

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by