Well... my "urban farm" got busted.. Meeting tonight!

I think it was the owner of this site that posted a flyer that the government published many years ago....maybe second world war?...that asked people to get chickens and it even said how many chickens per person you would need to keep your family in eggs.
In light of what is happening today with the economy it wouldn't hurt to print a copy of that to take with you. I'm not sure how you would find it unless you emailed the site owner.
Good Luck to You!

Quote:
Good luck!! Hope you can get it changed!!
thumbsup.gif

Good luck!
hugs.gif
Someone recently posted on here about information/FAQs to educate people in cities about chickens. Maybe someone can provide a link. It was quite good.

My neighbors' dogs are noisier and stinkier than my hens. Go figure.

Keep us posted. Take heart.

Sounds like surburbanite control freaks to me. People are concerned about property values instead of ownership rights and personal freedoms.

I was reading recenlty that chickens are allowed about anywhere.

I love the idea of printing information during previous wartimes when folks were asked to keep chickens.

A co-worker recently visited an island in Hawaii where chickens wander everywhere and are welcome.

Keep fighting for your rights!
frow.gif

That really sucks. Sounds to me your neighbors need to get a life. Lifes too short to complain about 2 chickens. They would really hate living next to me and my neighbors. We all have chickens. Hope all goes well. Fingers are crossed.

Home from the meeting. Thanks for all the support. Im not sure where "2 hens" came from, but we have 5. Oh well..

1 meeting down, about infinity to go... In the words of our fine mayor "im not interested in changing this ordinance".

Does that help to sum it up? Its fair to say that there is work to be done. Ill keep posting as things progress.

You need to tell him that "I'm not interested in changing this ordinance" is not an acceptable answer from an elected official. If you have to live by his decision, he has to justify it intellectually and logically. The proof that that hens can be good neighbors is out there-in thousands of backyards across the country. The odds are that you mayor is not aware of this-change that!
It will be easier if you have others to works with.

Let me know your mayor's name and address-I'll send him a letter!

Last edited:
Quote:
Agree, as an elected official it's not about what "he" wants or what he is interested in. It's about what the citizens of his town want, nothing more, nothing less. I hope you are able to rally strong support! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom