Well No Luck This Time

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Francischick, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Francischick

Francischick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2012
    mississippi
    I finally gave in and candled tonight.. My babies are gone. I cracked them and i don't know what happened only 2 or 3 were even close to being developed and they still had big yolk sacks. But i think next time I am going to order me some eggs and not get them from my young chickens. The only thing that really really upsets me is that most of them were going to be black chicks.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    [​IMG] Good luck with the next hatch.

3. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    I went 0-24 last year on a hatch. There were none of the eggs even showing anything going on. I cracked all of them into a bowl and could have made a very large omelet with them but decided not to. Don't give up. This is my third hatch. First was pheasants, last year was chickens and this year I'm doing chickens for myself. They're in the bator now on day 7. Pheasants were 6-12, chickens last year was 0-24, this year is looking good so far, I candled today and looks like 23 of 24 have something going on, one was clear but I'm leaving it in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by