Well that's a first...

I won't be keeping my rooster. It's a sad thing, as I really have enjoyed him, but he's becoming more and more aggressive as time goes on, and today I caught him trying to attack my little dogs. He's a pretty rooster, but I just don't have a good way to ensure that he won't injure me or my other animals. I hope to find a good home for him, but I don't hold out luck that he won't become dinner for whoever wants him. Sad...I really had hoped he would become less aggresive instead of more. :(

That's too bad, at least you tried before coming to your decision. Wish it had worked out for you.

Me too. I'd still like to get a few chicks from him before he goes, but I know it's a bad idea to breed an aggressive rooster. My hens show no interest in sitting on eggs so far anyways. :/

He's even trying to attack when I so Much as walk by his pen, far too aggressive. :(

Quote:

He's even trying to attack when I so Much as walk by his pen, far too aggressive.
sad.png
Yeah...... you don't want any of his babies.

I personally might just try to get some little toasters, especially if you don't intend to keep the boys. If you really wanted some and could handle culling anyone who doesn't work out.

I personally might just try to get some little toasters, especially if you don't intend to keep the boys. If you really wanted some and could handle culling anyone who doesn't work out.

Yes, I'm still somewhat tempted to go that route, but my hens still show no signs of hatching out little toasters...I will keep them penned for the time being so no toasters, dogs, or humans are harmed. :b

Back
Top Bottom