Well..The chickens are here!.....

If your yard is fenced, you can let them out. You may have to herd them back inside the first few evenings. Some keep them inside a couple of days first, so they can imprint on it, but that's more for guineas (who need to stay inside a month before you let them out). They're standard breeds, as I recall, not bantams who can fly well, right?

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, all are standard. The youngest RIR is already in the nest box. Maybe I'll get a first day gift
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

The people we got them from were very nice and full of helpful advice.

The adventure begins!:eek:

Quote:
Thanks for the nudge...We let them loose after about an hour in the coop. They seemed to be very happy and at ease. LOL...My son (13) said "Man, this is better than watching TV." You can't buy this kinda entertainment with cash and a co-signer.

Chickenz R Kool!

Dash,

I'm one of those folks that if'n I lost a chicken cuzzin I let it out of the coop too soon, why, I'd feel lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut...

Me, I'd probably keep em in the coop for fer a day er so, just so they know where home is.

M...

Another avid, BH fan... who just went out to check the coop next to his cement pond in the backyard.

Quote:
M, thx for the concern, but we were with them the entire time. All but one of the girls "kenneled up" on their own. Just checked on them and they are all setteled in.

BTW...I still watch BH on TV Land on a regular basis. That stuff never gets old.

I need to find an avatar of the man, themyth, the LEGEND!

Dash
cool.png

Quote:
I am now at the "Someday I'm gonna have to have a long talk with that boy." stage. 13 yr old son that does a lot of huffing and sighing after being gifted with sage advice.
he.gif
:barnie

Dash

Back
Top Bottom